DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF REMOTE CONTROL GATE
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 81
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Download Full and Complete Project
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Remote control gate is a technology that involves using remote to control a gate. This device uses remote to control the closing and opening of a gate automatically.
A remote-control gate is a handy little electronic device that makes it possible to get into the garage without leaving the car or heaving up the heavy door yourself. The opener remotely sends an infrared or IR signal to a receiver that triggers a switch, prompting an electric motor to open or close the garage door. Before any garage door remote works correctly it must be within the specified range of its IR signal-sending strength. If it is within range but still does not work, there are ways to fix it.
The circuit was designed, and developed using pulse width modulation (PWM). PWM method was used to power the DC motor. To make it, IR transmitter and IR sensor was used. There are two sections in the circuit: (1) PWM generator with IR modulator and (2) IR receiver and motor driver. The transmitter generates PWM wave of 50hz (20ms) and modulates it over 38KHz frequency. The IR sensor on receiver side will demodulate the PWM wave and drives the DC motor.
The pulse width modulation can be achieved in several ways. In the present project, the PWM generation is done using IC555 timers. In order to have better speed regulation and the required pulse that will move the motor, it is required to have a feedback from the motor. The feedback can be taken either by using a tacho-generator or an optical encoder or the back EMF itself can be used .In present project, we implemented the feedback by using the EMF of the armature as the feedback signal. Speed control means intentional change of drive speed to a value required for performing the specific work process. This concept of speed control or adjustment should not be taken to include the natural change in speed which occurs due to change in the load on the shaft.
1.2 OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
A remote-control gate is a handy little electronic device that makes it possible to get into the garage without leaving the car or heaving up the heavy door yourself.
The objective of this work is to design a device that will control the closing and opening of a gate automatically.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROJECT
Whether sliding or swinging gate, remote controlled gate enables you open the remote from distance before approaching gate. The benefit and convenience of having an electric gate with automatic gate opener can be well worth the investment in so many ways:
- Incase your neighborhood is unsafe and insecure, your gate can actually be opened from safe distance and drive in quickly without having to waste time coming down from your vehicle.
- The system eliminates cost of employing men just to open your gates
- The system contains Alarm/Siren Lamp to scare intruders or people hanging around your gate location.
- The System has Loop Detector which holds the gate from closing any further as soon as tire is detected on the boom so your vehicle never gets hit by gate’s movement.
- Contains Infrared Photocell that detects human movements within the gate boom and prevents the gate from closing any further so as not to hurt anyone within the boom.
1.4 APPLICATION OF THE PROJECT
Automatic entrance/exit door control is widely used in public places such as grocery stores, businesses, transportation stations, airports, and wholesale department stores to eliminate the need of manually opening and closing actions.
1.5 PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
The purpose of this project is to build a system that can independently and wirelessly control the opening and closing of a gate. To do this, the system will need 4 core components: an input system for the transmitter, a wireless transmitter, a wireless receiver, and a motor controller connected to the receiver.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE PROJECT
- The problem of this device is notice when there is power failure in the system or when battery gets low thee system stops working.
- Another problem of this device is the difficulty people face while entering your house. The people who frequently visit your place are often irritated when they have to call you every time to enter the control the system and let them in.