COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF EKULU COMMUNITY BANK IN ENUGU STATE)
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 100
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Get the Complete Project
Table of contentCHAPTER ONE:1.1 INTRODUCTION OF COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objective of study
1.4 Significance of study
1.5 Statement of the hypothesis
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Scope of the study
1.8 Definitions of termsCHAPTER TWO:2.1 LITERATURE REVIEW OF COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
2.2 Concept of the community bank
2.3 Communities banking in nigeria
2.4 Government policy on community banking
2.5 Phase o rural banking
2.6 Problems of community banking
2.7 Achievement of community bankingCHAPTER THREE 3.1 RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY OF COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
3.2 Source of data
3.4 Secondary data
3.5 Sample used
3.6 Method of investigationCHAPTER FOUR
4.1 DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
4.2 Data presentation and analysis
4.3 Test of hypothesis
5.0 SUMMARY, FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION OF COMMUNITY BANKING PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS
5.1 Summary of the findings
Appendix / questionnaire
1. The problem and the achievement of the bank has been fully studies and data collected from the community bank in Enugu state and also the research draws some of her information from the secondary data. In her findings as follows, the study area; Ekulu community bank has performed creditably well in archiving the federal government objective for establishing the community system of banking. The objective of the banking system include among other the inculcation of discipline baking habits in the rural community and the promotion of rural development by providing financial assistance as well as other facilities to the community.
2. It has been found that the quality of the community bank staff is below the standard. Some of the reason of rates low statdrad is due to lack of staff training and induction course, poor salary and recruitment of unqualified personnel.
4. Some of the problem of Cbs are cause by there directors and some this problem include undue influential control, constant withdrawal of money without following the normal procedure and supply of false information and document
5. From the study is find out that it is necessary that the chairman of community bank development association should be a member of the board of director of the community bank. Being a part of the community, the chairman of the community bank knows the problem and needs of the community and as well support in the development and growth of the bank.
6. Ekulu community bank should discontinues the use of commercial bank as their correspondent bank because of such demerit like the huge save charge and diversion of a customer by the correspondent bank and delay in rendering the service
7. The patronage giving to the Cbs by the people is not encouraging. Inspite of the fact that this system of banking is new, is has gain enough grand’s and patronage
8. The unit banking system of the CB is also another problem going against the efficiency. This will be stated more when on analysis some of the problem associated with the system of banking and some of the problem suffered by the Cbs by this system of banking are; difficulties to transfer money from one location to another, non= security of risk, local influence and lack of capital, for instance, the minimum paid up capital of 250,000.00 for Cbs grossly adequate conferring the deduction of Naira and this eventually affect the disposition issuance on the creditability of bank and the security of there deposit.
Inspite of the above problem form the research carried out, community bank has adopted some special innovation to attract customers and ensure greater efficiency and profitability. Such innovation include; Saturday banking, mass transit service, mobile banking service and continuous forumCONCLUSION The federal government objective to establish a dynamic financial institution the wil brings a drastic change in the economic and social lives of the rural and low income earners of the society has been fully realized. The huge internal ad human resources committed in the rural banking scheme, the people and now, the community banking system has not yielded the desired result.
However, the community banking system have archive to greater extent inculcation of discipline baking habits in the rural community and the promotion of rural development by providing financial assistance as well as other facilities to the community and the management of the community resources. This not to say that thing have all been goosy to the Cbs, there are numerous problem including; local influence, lack of awareness, dependency on the correspondent bank, lack of adequate capital, unqualified and lack of staff training.
Community bank has embarked on rural electrification and computer awareness for the staff.
This will make the life to the rural dwellers more meaningful and increase the quality of the staff at regard t computerization of the community banks.RECOMMENDATION Based on the finding of this research the researchers hereby make the following recommendation
1. The fact that the CBs in the study area has archive the objective of the federal government for the establishing of the community banking system cannot be doubted, they should engage themselves more on programme like agricultural production, financial assistance and extension service with individual with meaningful project the present situation in which the CBs Enugu themselves in mass transit should be discourage as this will affect the performance of the main function as Cbs rather they should assist individual with future interest in the business
2. Ekulu community bank should ensure that well qualifies personnel will help to build and develop the new concept of banking system are recruited. To archives this, salary and other benefit paid t the Cbs should be at the same level with what is obtainable in the commercial bank.
3. The federal government should establish a special type of correspondent bank sonly in charge and rendering s4ervice to the community banks in Nigeria as the case in the developed country like America.
4. The board of director and the management of the CBs should endeavor to keep the guidelines contained in the operational guideline issue by the national board of CBs to ensure greater responsibility and accountability.
5. it is expected that CBs should grant loan on the basis of local knowledge and the ability of the individual, there is noting that prevent the request for the collateral security and grant commitment when this is considered necessary .
In other to control the frequent case of non-repayment of loan, Cbs should request for collateral on the request on guarantor commitment in special circumstances considered appropriate. Apart form this; local influential people should serve as guarantor. Community bank should use any acceptable means to recover their loan.