INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN A MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF AKARAKA INDUSTRIES NIGERIA LIMITED ABOH MBAISE –IMO STATE)
May 24, 2019
IMPORTANCE FOR CREATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF GOOD SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF EASTERN BREWERIES AWO-OMAMMA, IMO STATE)
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 67
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Download Full and Complete Project
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In selecting sources of supply, purchasing makes decisions that influence not only the firm economic success, but the live hood of the suppliers and the efficiency of the entire economy. The purchasing decision directly influences the financial situation of the supplying from and ultimately the economic welfare of employees and their families. Sourcing in finding suppliers who are willing and able to provide consistently, quality, service, (delivery) at a competitive price.
We can not be taking about price and other things without source, in some cases, an extensive search, may be required to find one satisfcotroy suppliers or even develop on source where more has previously been sourcing therefore many comprise the identification or development of suitable sources of supply, systematic investigation and comparison of such sources, the sources decision and a planting continuous relationship.
Good suppliers is one who is at all time honest and fair in his dealing with their customers his own employees and himself, who has adequate plant facilities, and so to be able to provide materials which meet the purchasing specification the quantities required and at the time promised, whose financial position is sound, whose prices are reasons able both, to the buyer and to himself, whose management policies are progressive who is an alert to the need for continued.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
For sometime new, evidence have shown that the company is facing some problems like
1) There is no cordial relationship between the buyer and the supplier.
2) The company has not be able to meet increasing demand of their customers in term in terms of (project)
3) The company need to look out the factors affecting the establishment of good buyer supplier relations.
4) The organizational structure of the company is not examined.
5) The company need to inspect any product supplied to them to known the ones to accept and to reject.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aim of this study is to look at the following problems like:
1) To investigate the relationship of the reason for the non-cordially
2) To known the reasons why the company has not been able to meet increasing demand of their customers in terms of product.
3) To take a critical look at the factors affecting the establishment of good buyer/supplier relationship.
4) To examine the organization structure
5) To inspect the products been supplied properly to know when to accept and when to reject.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In an attempt to find solution to the problem of creation and development of good suppliers relationship in a competitive market the researcher sought answers to the following questions:-
1) How is your relationship with your suppliers?
2) Has there been an accession where you visit your suppliers plant of offer practical help in production of your product.
3) Do you receive help from your suppliers in relation to the acquisition of goods and services.
4) What sourcing technique does your company operate?
5) Does the company rejects the suppliers product for a reason of sub-standard?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Creation and development of good suppliers relationship in an organization research is an important and have vast area of study, more so, it is carried out by a lot of manufacturing firms in order to protect and be of good supplier to other organization.
Furthermore, this research work will concentrate more on getting supplies who will produce the things that the purchasers wants to they delivery schedule required by providing technical assistance and advance focusing on various department like store department production department. Since the study is all about good suppliers relationship that is, getting all the items that the company wants at the scheduled time.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Limitation of the study is the element of short comings one often encounter when trying to get necessary information and materials for successful completion of any research wotk. The study deals with the importance for creation and development of good supplier relationship in an organization with case study of Eastern Breweries Awo-Omamma Imo State.
In the content of this research therefore, the following limitation or problem were encountered.
Time Constraint: The limit the was allowed for the completion of this particular research work to be carried out on his particular topic interest considering the length and depth of activities involved in the topic.
Organizational Bureaucratic Red Tape: the effort to collect all the needed data information from the management and staff of Eastern Breweries Awo-Omamma Imo State was not easy because of the official protocols and organizational bureaucracy.
The inability of the states the staff who would provide the information necessary for the study.
Also, some customers and dealer, who out of fear or mere ignorance refused to provide answer to certain relevant question on the questionnaire administered to them.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
For better understanding of the works, the following definition were presented so that the reader might gain more insight into the meaning of term as the were used in the study.
1) Sourcing: Find supplier who ever willing and able to provide consistently quality, service, (delivery) at a competitive price.
2) Best Source: Making a choice from a member of equally eligible sources.
3) Good Supplier: One who is at all time honest and fair in his dealing with the customers, in his own employees and himself, who has adequate plan facilities and known how so as, to be able to provide materials which meet the purchaser specification in the quantities required and at the time promised.
4) Development of a Good Supplier relationship: A planned process of getting supplier who will produce the things the purchaser want, to the purchased quality standards in the quantities and the delivery schedule required, by providing technical assistances and advised.
5) Vendor Rating: The term vendor rating is some time used for the systematic assessment of actual performance by suppliers.
6) Specification: It is a definitive description of what is wanted, also a description any object, materials or process in sufficient detail to enable its manufacture and further identical reproduction.
7) Standardization: Defined as agreement on definite size, design quality and the like
8) Quality: The totality of features and characteristics of a product or a services that bears on the ability to satisfy a started or implied needs.
9) Night Quality: It refers to the value or amount or materials the can be most economically purchased at a particular time.
10) Negotiation: It is a conferring discussing or bargaining to reach agreement in business transaction.
Sharing is caring!