CONSTRUCTION OF GRAIN GRINDING MACHINE
The aim of the project is to construct a domestic grain grinding machine to be powered by electric motor through pulley and belt transmission.
The project is to perform mostly blending and grinding on grains e.g beans, maize, melon, millet and such other food crops.
In construction of the project, there are various factors that is being put into consideration.
- The size specification
- The power of the electric motor to be used
iii. The domestic operation which can be performed by the machine.
- The capacity of the machine.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Research problem
1.2 Justification of the study
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Scope and limitation
Existing grinding machine
Description of the machine
Analysis and size specification
Recommendation for further work
LETTER OF TRANSMITTAL
SUBMISSION OF REPORT ON PROJECT (MEC 220)
Having completed the work on the project about which this report written under the supervision of ……….We the undersigned take pleasure in the submission here with the said report for the considerations of the departmental board in accordance with the award rules and regulation of the National Board for Technical Education (BNTE).
Every year, the final year student of this institution in Higher National Diploma (HND) and the National Diploma (ND) into practice.
This is aimed at justifying the emphasis lead on practical work during the course of study in the assigned to construct a grain-grinding machine by the machine committee of Mechanical Engineering Department, the Polytechnic, Enugu.
A grain grinding machine is an equipment used for grinding maize, beans, melon, millet and such other good crops. This equipment comprises essentially of an electric motor, belt, pulley, transmission shaft, hopper, mills, spiral conveyor and stands. These alleviate the rigours and problems house we encounter when grinding beans for the good stuff.
1.1 RESEARCH PROBLEMS
The project research problem are:
- To construct a local fabricated grain grinding machine using available local technology.
- To construct a machine with a size specification.
iii. To construct a machine which can perform a domestic operations.
- To construct a machine which have adequate capacity, lighter in weight, lesser fatigue and portable.
1.2 JUSTIFICATION OF STUDY
- This is to promote indigenous machine and their producers.
- To have a portable grain grinding machine constructed for domestic uses with a powered driven source.
iii. To improve the economic and the country as a whole by neglecting imported blenders i.e producing machine that is affordable to substitute the imported blenders.
- To be able to meet National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) requirement in awarding National Diploma (ND) in Mechanical Engineering.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are:-
- To construct grain grinding machine with local materials.
- To construct a machine which is less in crop and domestic usage.
iii. To produce a grain grinding machine that is lesser in vibration, weight and in size.