EXAMINATION PROCESSING SYSTEM FOR UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA
- Format: Ms Word Document
- Pages: 60
- Price: N 3,000
- Chapters: 1-5
- Get the Complete Project
The name Polytechnic is college of or for higher Education in specific and technique subject that requires
data and information operations for a small and large-smart operation so it expected to be developed effectively and efficiently in order to ensure high quality graduates and research materials.
The examination processing system was introduced into and Nigeria in 1990 to deal essentially withstudents, staff and financial records in high institution /Education. The areas identified as properties include.
- Creation of generation awareness for information match system
- Computer appreciation
- Data collection and processing /data interpretation
- Computer operation.
Each higher institution was requestedto set up a management information system (MIS) committee.
STATEMENTS OF PROBLEM
Before examination processing system was introduced into Nigeria Polytechnic, thesystems used were;
- There were not accurate and reliable,
- Student records where missing and sometime mistakes were made during recording.
OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main objectives of this study are;
- To design a software that is faster,accurate,efficient and with a reliable processing system.
- To investigate the adequacy of the system.
- To help the management of the institution to provide an accurate result of a particular student.
SCOPE/DELIMITATIONS OF STUDY
The scope of this work is the breath or opportunity to ascertain or provide database history for a student’s examination records and departmental codes for quick references
LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
The limitations of this work are restricted on the following
- Lack of research materials
- Time constrain,
- Lack of information communication
DEFINITION OF TERMS
DATABASE: This the collection of data stored in a system way such as computer programmers’.Data(s) can be arranged in form of processed or unprocessed information
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM(DBSMS);According to Charles Bechman,Database management system(DBMS) is a collection of programmers that will enable you to store, modify and extract information from database
COMPUTER OPERATIONS: This refers to an elementary operation that a computer is designed and built to perform operations of accessing information from computer memory and operation of storing information in the system memory
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Examination processing system is needed in Nigeria institution and polytechnic so as to help the management /lecturers to produce and provide accurate result for students in higher institutions in actualization of the following
- Increase the efficiency and the effectiveness of the attendance and leave management system
- Staff will have a lower absence ratios, if they feel confidence and have supportive relationship in their workshop